Aerospace Felicia Industrial Park, Santa Isabel, PR, 00757 USA
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment, you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
This position is for an experienced Environmental Compliance professional. Manages environmental, hazardous waste and related compliance programs and / or projects. Responsible for developing environmental compliance protocols, plans, or methods to encourage consistent and compliant behavior. Collaborates with environmental professionals to address compliance problems.
• Manages environmental, hazardous waste and related compliance programs and/or projects.
• Develops environmental compliance protocols, such as spill contingency plans or methods for loading or transporting waste, to encourage consistent and compliant behavior.
• Collaborates with environmental professionals to address environmental compliance problems.
• Investigates and proposes resolutions to compliance problems, questions, or complaints.
• Conducts training/educational programs on compliant business practices.
• Monitors environmental sustainability indicators, such as energy usage, natural resource usage, waste generation, and recycling.
• Prepares and manages documentation relating to environmental policies in preparation for audit.
• Provides proper documentation in preparation for permits and liaising with governmental bodies.
• Oversees programs related to waste, water, and air management, hazardous materials transportation, environmental remediation and engineering practices.
• Maintains EH&S Management System Conformance.
• Achieves and maintains consistency of EH&S record keeping and documentation with organizational and regulatory policy.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments.
As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com