Salesforce Training & Support Specialist
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our website (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
The Salesforce Training & Support Specialist is part of a team that supports the health, maintenance and utilization of Salesforce for Ceres’ information needs. The Salesforce Training & Support Specialist serves as a representative of our systems at the interface between staff and technology. In support of this role, the he/she is responsible for triaging incoming requests, delegating basic responsibilities to the Salesforce Database Administrator, and supporting more advanced technical work on the system.
Salesforce is used to track our individual and organizational partners, donors and prospects, communications recipients, action items, annual planning goals, and coordinate how we work with external partners. Salesforce integrates with Ceres’ website as part of a comprehensive, data-centric approach to our work. This position reports directly to the Manager of Information Systems. This job is an opportunity for an organized, detail-oriented, energetic, and trustworthy individual to work with program staff across Ceres. This is a full-time position based in Boston, MA.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Database Oversight, Training and Support:
- Quality assurance and testing
- Monitor system for data integrity and consistency
- Support teams with clean-up and data maintenance
- Regular training and user support
- Directly support technical proficiencies across teams through training
- Attend team meetings to identify needs, challenges and shadow systems
- Request intake and triage
- Serve as primary staff for incoming Salesforce system requests
- Triage Salesforce system requests and delegate/elevate when appropriate
- Support change management process by evaluating urgent vs. long-term
- Tool configuration and updates
- Manage configurations and updates for various third-party tools
- Support integration with other platforms, including the Ceres website and donation system
- Documentation and support
- Assist with documentation of system changes
- Support change management process for system improvements and upgrades
- Support technical onboarding and troubleshooting for new staff
- Work with external consultants for larger projects and system enhancements
- Work with Communications, Development, and Program teams to ensure consistent integration of Salesforce with proposed or current web interface
- Support the Junior Salesforce Administrator as needed
- Three (3) years of applicable CRM work experience, required. Salesforce Administrator Certification preferred.
- At minimum, 4-5 years of professional experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Salesforce.com platform, required.
- Familiarity with the Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) a plus.
- Knowledge of donor databases and database integration for websites preferred.
- Experience with Visual Flow, Visualforce and Apex Triggers a plus.
- Ability to design and provide Salesforce training to users in order to grow the Salesforce skill set across the organization.
- Experience with third-party integrations, preferred.
- A passion for helping people succeed with technology
- Excellent project management skills. Proven track record of achieving results.
- Proficient in data manipulation and basic ETL processes.
- Strong technical skills.
- Prior experience with technology support preferred, or an aptitude for learning technology quickly.
- Demonstrated experience working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, proven ability to demonstrate initiative and motivation.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, growth-oriented organization.
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Desire to work in a mission-driven, non-profit organization.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.