Executive Assistant to the President
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization working with the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackles the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit: www.ceres.org.
Description & Responsibilities
The Executive Assistant should be energetic, flexible, detail oriented, and organized. This is a critical position providing administrative and logistical support to Ceres’ President/CEO. The Executive Assistant role is a full-time position and reports to the President/CEO. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prioritize phone calls, correspondence, and day-to-day work streams, and ensure appropriate follow-through
- Proactively manage the President’s calendar; schedule and prioritize meetings with internal and external partners
- Organize and coordinate every detail of travel plans and arrangements
- Coordinate with leadership across teams within the organization to ensure up-to-date contact with opinion leaders in the field
- Organize and, as appropriate, respond on the President’s behalf to event and speaking requests; work with the Senior Manager to recommend appropriate engagements to provide highest value to the organization
- Drive event briefings for the President, coordinating across teams within the organization to draft talking points and presentations, and ensuring appropriate on-site staff support
- Occasionally provide direct event support for the President as needed, including conducting research, drafting speaking points and attending meetings
- Keep the Digital Communications and Marketing team apprised of the President’s high-profile engagements in order to maintain the President’s social media presence through Twitter and additional outlets
- Provide support for the President’s on-site meetings, including taking minutes during meetings and ensuring follow-through on action items
- Perform clerical tasks such as filing, photocopying, and sending faxes and correspondence; compile and submit President’s monthly expenses
- Act as primary back-up for answering the general Ceres phone line, greeting visitors, and routing deliveries
- Perform general office administrative support
- Provide conference and event support
- Manage special projects, as required
Internal Coordination of President’s Schedule
- Act as liaison between staff and the President
- Provide guidance to staff regarding involving President in internal meetings; prioritize and facilitate internal access to the President
- Provide guidance and support to junior-level staff, particularly in regards to coordinating strategic event opportunities and prep materials for those events
- Proactively track all organizational priorities and ensure the as-needed inclusion of the President at critical decision-making points
- Advise President on organizational dynamics to ensure strong management and coordination of organizational systems
Coordination with Development Team
- Track and update donor and prospect target list, as it relates to building trips and meetings with external constituents
- Drive the scheduling of meetings with donors and donor prospects in an effort to build unrestricted donor revenue, provide prep for the President; and drive appropriate follow up
- Coordinate with Development and Foundations teams (and Senior Manager?) to ensure appropriate development outreach for the President, particularly in advance of travel engagements
- 2 years of experience where strong administrative, organizing and logistical skills were developed.
- 1 year of full-time work experience supporting a senior level staff member, preferred.
- General interest in climate change or sustainability issues desired.
- Outstanding organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive approach to creating and continually improving systems.
- Sound judgment, high level of integrity and professionalism, with an ability to handle confidential information and to maintain a high level of discretion, diplomacy and courtesy in all contacts with staff, board and external people.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including consistently professional telephone communications and good writing ability.
- Ability to work both independently with limited direction and collaboratively with a team.
- Successful record of organizing and advancing multiple projects and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail, and presentation programs.
- Familiarity with a CRM Database (such as Salesforce), a plus.
- Willingness to continue learning.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, two writing samples, and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.