A local Environmental firm is looking for an Environmental Scientist. The individual will be responsible for ensuring that everyone working with their Oil and Gas service company complies with health and safety laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of state and federal environmental regulations and standards and their applicability to oil and gas operations.
* Inspect/confirm/update secondary containment capacity calculations for all tanks, storage areas, loading racks, piping, etc.
* Demonstrated ability to analyze, research, compile, and prepare reports and correspondence and company responses to regulatory agency requests.
* Demonstrated ability to research, evaluate, and interpret governmental regulations, equipment performance manuals, regulatory agency guidance and instructions, reports, correspondence, and company policies and procedures.
- Update and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines.
* Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
* Monitor compliance to policies and laws by monitoring employees and operations.
* Maintain a safety training schedule and training matrix to keep abreast of past, current, and upcoming safety courses completed and required by company staff.
* Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions.
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics.
* Conduct site visits / safety audits of company field locations.
* Conduct site visits / safety audits of company office
- Experience with SPCC regulatory requirements and application of SPCC Plans in the oil and gas industry.
* Experience training, completing, and tracking status of SPCC Plans and working with operations to resolve SPCC compliance issues.
* Experience with Phase I & II field work and project management.
* Experience with NORM regulations as they pertain to the oil and gas industry.
-1-4 years experience working in an Environmental Science capacity
-must have had prior exposure to due diligence
-ability to work in a team, communicate independently
The position will include a company truck for going to job sites. The position will require occasional overtime depending on the projects going on.
Pay for this position will range from $20-28/hr depending on work experience and qualifications