About the Position: Located at the Lake Washington Ship Canal, the position works under close but gradually decreasing supervision of the Park Manager or higher graded Park Ranger until the trainee acquires the ability to perform the full range of duties of the GS-5 level. Routine tasks are spot checked; new tasks are closely reviewed in progress and upon completion for technical adequacy.
Learn more about this agency
- Information desk/recreation area duties including visitation and utilization data collection, explaining regulations, answering routine questions.
- Patrol park land and water areas by vehicle, on foot, bicycle or by boat.
- Enforce various Rules and Regulations.
- Issue verbal and written warnings.
- Report all vandalism/larceny or safety deficiencies of Government property.
- Investigate and report accidents which occur on government property involving vehicles, people, or property.
- Gather information for use by the Government in conjunction with such accidents.
- Conduct on-site inspection/oversight of contractor services (especially park attendants) in progress or upon completion to ascertain extent of quality and quantity of performance relative to contract provisions.
- Use a personal computer to store, retrieve, compile and transmit data related to project requirements.
- Collect survey and statistical data.
- Prepare a variety of management reports such as minor incident or Offense/Incident reports.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 5%.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com