At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Direct and manage specific Environmental / Chemistry programs as assigned. It involves directing the environmental program, maintaining regulatory requirements, writing reports, managing special projects, training personnel, and participating in the GSEP and Duty rotation. This position will routinely function in a mentoring role and utilizes experience to function with minimal oversight.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Direct and manage Environmental projects and programs which entails the review and analysis of plant data in comparison to NPDES permit requirements and state regulations, plant walkdowns, and leading troubleshooting plans.
- Provide leadership and mentoring in responsibilities to support environmental awareness and communication with the site. This will include developing others as backup support and providing guidance on key projects.
- Maintain Environmental Reports to Regulatory organizations and provide necessary updates to permits and station processes as required.
- Manage the Chemical Control Program which includes plant walkdowns and coordination of program requirements.
- Receive &#CD# provide Environmental related training, which includes preparing and delivering lesson plans and maintaining qualifications. Observe and participate in classroom training activities.
- Participate in GSEP and duty rotations. Subject to call out as required in support of station requirements.
-4 year environmental sciences, chemistry or related degree and 6 years relevant experience
- Minimum of 10 years related experience and 5 years at the exempt level
-2 year environmental science or related degree and 8 years of environmental regulatory experience with 3 years and the exempt level
- Chemist / CE / Environmental Degree
- Individual contributor position. Direct, mentor, monitor, communicate and drive performance changes for environmental programs. Ensures department participation in training and GSEP. Directs and manages special projects. Participates in the Duty rotation.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com