This position is responsible for functional oversight of the forestry vegetation management department. Under direction of management assists with establishing and implementing business objectives, and plans. This role acts as liaison with various environmental, regulatory and governmental agencies. Implements and supports Company programs and policies.
- Leads the functional vegetation team while directing the day-to-day activities, and provides guidance and recommendations.
- Under direction of management assist with developing specifications that meet the demands of PacifiCorp's variable vegetation regimes.
- Develop and administer a cost-effective contract by developing analytical and decision support tools to achieve budgetary objectives in addition to compliance.
- Coordinates information on vegetation conditions, clearances and work quality.
- Under direction of management assist with administering record keeping and cost control programs.
- Manage production records, maintenance history, and service interruption data for planning, and budget forecasting and allocation.
- Offer technical instruction to personal involved in the program: the public, government, and Operations staff and Management.
- Liaison with governmental agencies.
- Actively participate in professional arboricultural organizations, to stay abreast of the latest innovations and developments in the industry, but also to help establish the credibility of PacifiCorp's Vegetation Management Program.
- Represent the Company with the public, providing credibility.
- Provide input into team employee performance reviews. Flag performance and personnel issues for people manager resolution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an applicable field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of seven years experience in vegetation management.
- A minimum of three years experience in a supervisory or functional management role.
- Strong knowledge of state and federal safety and environmental regulations (OSHA, Title V, etc).
- Working knowledge of distribution line clearance practices and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations applying to vegetation management.
- Thorough knowledge of current vegetation management techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable herbicide/pesticide regulations.
- Proficient with the use of personal computers including spreadsheet, database, word processing, presentation applications and SAP.
- Certified pesticide applicator's license.
- Leadership and teamwork skills to provide input into policy decisions, and to mobilize resources to produce desired business results.
- Knowledge of Company’s strategic plan, objectives for specific area, as well as Company policies, procedures, and practices and federal, state, and local governmental laws and regulations.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com