This is a Direct Hire Public Notice. Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
Category Rating, Veterans Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to this Public Notice.
This position is located in the National Marine Fisheries Services (NMFS), Office of Protected Resources (OPR), Endangered Species Division with one vacancy in Silver Spring, MD.
Learn more about this agency
As a Biologist, (Endangered Species), you will perform the following duties:
- Manage and administer the ESA Cooperation with States program utilizing knowledge of the Endangered Species Act.
- Lead the Species Recovery Grant program, including developing cooperative agreements with States, and undertaking and overseeing activities and programs with the States to facilitate recovery of threatened and endangered species.
- Negotiate agreements with the states to collaboratively design recovery programs and activities with States for threatened and endangered species.
- Oversee the federal grant program by evaluating States grant proposals to ensure all requirements for eligibility are met and the highest priority recovery actions are funded.
- Conduct scientific assessments of species status and their habitats; assess threats to those species and determine risk of extinction; and write regulations to provide those species the regulatory protections of the ESA.
Occasional travel - Up to 5% of domestic travel may be required for this position.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
Pay scale & grade ZP 4. Salary $99,172 to $152,352 per year.