OBJECTIVE / PURPOSE
Prepares microscope slides in Prepared Microscope Slides Department by performing the following duties.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS
• Assists in the timely fulfillment of customers' orders with high quality whole
mount, thick section, and thin section prepared microscope slides.
• Prepares stains, alcohol solutions, adhesives and other chemical needed for specimen preparation and used in mounting, staining, and cleaning prepared microscope slides.
• Dehydrates specimens by "pouring off" various alcohol based solutions removing the water from the specimens. Also, places tissue in tissue processor for further dehydration and embeds dehydrated tissue into plastic or paraffin for sectioning.
• Dissects materials and prepares specimens for slide production
• Uses pipet or dropper to remove individual specimens from container, places specimens or sectioned tissue onto microscope slide, covers with cover glass.
• Operates rotary microtome and ultra microtome to cut specimens into sections
used for thick section and thin section slides.
• Stains tissues for better visibility under the microscope by using an automatic stainer or by placing specimens in various staining solutions for specified time
• Cleans slides using a razor blade to trim the edges, labels slides, and places slides in a box for orders, slide-set, and kit preparation.
• Follows oral and written instructions.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Education: High School diploma or general education degree (GED);
Experience: three months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com