This position is part of the R8-Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge Complex. As a Park Ranger (VSS) you will be responsible for delivering environmental education programs, supporting the Junior Duck Stamp program and welcoming and orienting visitors at our Visitor Center.
This is a temporary appointment, not-to-exceed 1 year, which may be extended for a total appointment of 2 years.
Learn more about this agency
- Develop and present a variety of interpretive programs including orientation talks, conducted walks, and demonstrations to a variety of general public audiences or school groups.
- Assist with the development of interpretive materials such as brochures, guidebooks, handouts, and exhibits.
- Assist with the recruitment and training of volunteers.
- Assist with the management of wildlife-dependent recreation opportunities such as hunting, fishing, wildlife observation, wildlife photography, and environmental education.
- Communicate information effectively with visitors and staff.
- Draft a variety of written materials including news releases, articles, and event flyers.
- Prepare and conduct environment and educational programs for a variety of audiences.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com