About the Position: Fort Hood rests in the beautiful 'hill and lake' country of Central Texas between Killeen and Copperas Cove and is approximately 60 miles north of the capital city of Austin, 50 miles south of Waco, 160 miles south of Dallas, and 150 miles north of San Antonio. For everyone who enjoys the outdoors, The Great Place is the ideal location, because of warm winters and hot summers. The nearby lakes, Belton and Stillhouse, offer year round outdoor recreation activities.
Learn more about this agency
- Serve as an Environmental Protection Specialist with responsibilities for all environmental areas including compliance, conservation, pollution prevention, and corrective actions/cleanup.
- As the technical expert, provide services on environmental problems, projects and programs, including advisory, review, evaluation, educating/training, negotiating, or problem-solving services.
- Review projects for compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Interpret federal, state and local non-military and military legislation, regulations and guidelines as well as new program requirements and court decisions related to environmental issues.
- Work with other subject matter experts to implement compliance requirements, articulating the value of environmental compliance as a sustainability goal.
- Coordinate and negotiate with regulatory agencies on non-compliance and environmental initiatives involving local communities.
- Develop mitigation plans to address environmental risks and impacts for identified noncompliance situations.
- Conduct Project Review to determine status for compliance in all established Army driven regulatory programs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position up to 5% of the time.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com