This opportunity is also open to Status eligibles under Announcement 19-HUD-741. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
As an Environmental Protection Specialist, you will:
- Inform, interpret for, and advise Housing, Public Housing, Native American Programs, and Office of Community Planning & Development (CPD) program staff on all policy and procedural requirements to be followed in carrying out HUD’s responsibilities under the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 (NEPA), the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966, environmental sections of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974, regulations and guidelines of Council on Historic Preservation, Executive Orders, HUD regulations and issuances, and other HUD and Federal authorities related to the environment.
- Review and concur in all Environmental Assessments prepared by the program staff of the Office where required by 24 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 50 and other outstanding program instructions.
- Assist program staff in administering the environmental aspects of all programs which permit local entities to assume environmental review responsibilities, and provide technical assistance to recipients and responsible entities on all aspects of environmental assessments and compliance with 24 CFR Part 58.
- Identify training needs and train program staff and staffs of responsible entities who assume 24 CFR Part 58 environmental review responsibilities on the techniques of preparation of environmental assessments and grantee Environmental Review Records.
- Monitor recipients and responsible entities to ensure compliance with NEPA and special environmental requirements.
Occasional travel - 1-5 nights per month
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com