About the Position: This position is located at Fort Belvoir Community Hospital, and the employee will work on a team with other Environmental Protection Specialists (both military and civilian) in order to keep Fort Belvoir Community Hospital compliant with EPA, state, and DOD regulations pertaining to hazardous materials, hazardous waste, regulated medical waste, pharmaceutical waste, and universal waste.
Learn more about this agency
- Minor lifting is required, as the applicant will assist in segregating, removing and transporting regulated waste and materials out of the hospital to the installation storage site.
- Coordinate with disposal contractors to ensure the hospital-generated regulated waste and materials are properly removed.
- Maintain compliance with Federal, state and Department of Defense regulations and policies that pertain to hazardous materials, hazardous waste, regulated medical waste, pharmaceutical waste, and universal waste.
- Perform quality control and technical inspections involving pharmaceuticals, medical supplies, and equipment.
- Establish and maintain the authorized chemical use list per regulations.
- Respond to chemical spills and assists Facility Department and Clinics in minimizing threats to the environment or to human health.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com