SmithGroup is an award-winning, multinational integrated design firm with a team of 1,300 experts across 13 offices in the U.S. and China. We employ research, data, advanced technologies and design thinking to help clients solve their greatest challenges. Our specialists—from artists and engineers, to nurses, workplace strategists and beyond—develop beautiful, sustainable, future-focused solutions for healthcare providers, science and technology organizations, higher education and cultural institutions, urban environments, diverse workplaces, mixed-use and waterfront developments, and parks and open spaces.
The Pittsburgh office of SmithGroup is looking for a Energy / Planner Strategist to join our team.
Working with us, you will:
- Support a variety of projects where SmithGroup is providing oversight to a placed-base solution.
- Lead project teams providing main client connections, internal and external team management, and ensuring financial, brand and project success.
- Provide energy baselining, scenarios, risks/opportunities, innovative approaches, strategy towards supply and demand-side for universities, corporate campuses, cities and communities.
- Develop performance frameworks linking strategy to mission for a variety of clients. These frameworks usually include a vision, objectives, strategies and KPIs that measure and manage the triple bottom line performance to drive our clients’ mission.
- Aid in project pursuits and potential new client engagement.
- Connect across SmithGroup practice areas and disciplines to further integrate strategic planning overlays such as (but not including) sustainability or performance frameworks, governance models, economic/market analysis, policy advocacy, data integration and analytics, sustainability overlays and resiliency frameworks.
- Support projects at campus and district scale providing sustainability overlays through collection of data, exploration and options, various analytical studies and ultimately recommendations in lock-step with place-based designs.
- Represent SmithGroup in community to elevate brand in Pittsburgh and communicate our offering across scales
An ideal candidate has:
- Exceptional communication, organizational and leadership skills.
- Masters Degree (Environmental Studies, Architecture, Urban Planning or Urban Design, Engineering, Economics, etc.)
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the sustainable strategy
- Minimum 10 years of experience in planning, execution and management of all aspects of projects from the scoping through reporting.
- LEED Accreditation is preferred.
- Experience in third-party framework at a beyond-building scale (Ex. LEED ND, LEED for Cities/Communities, EcoDistricts, Envision, Living Communities Challenge, district energy transit).
- Experience in the use of large data sets and ability to create graphic representations of data use via tables, charts and other graphical output features.
- The ability to creatively participate in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative team setting and to clearly communicate sustainability ideas and strategies to design team members and clients.
SmithGroup offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
Interested in joining us? Get started today by clicking the link below.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
SmithGroup is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.