350.org’s Global Communications team seeking a competent and detail-oriented individual, who shares our passion to solve the climate crisis, to join our team as a full time administrative associate. The ideal candidate is an outstanding administrative professional, with strong interpersonal and problem solving skills. This person loves helping people and teams stay organized and is excited to help teams navigate complex logistical arrangements. We are looking for someone who is comfortable working remotely both independently and in teams, is highly responsive, and is able to lead initiatives as well as take direction from others.
About the Communications Administrative Associate position
The role of Communications Administrative Associate is to provide general logistical support, identify team needs and propose solutions to create space for team to perform higher quality work. This role is expected to collaborate with other teams’ administrative staff and will occasionally take on organizational-wide projects in addition to the position’s department-specific work. In this role, you would also work closely with project managers to track project goals, workflows, success indicators, related expenses, and calculate individual and team capacity and metrics. This is a fast-paced job which often requires juggling multiple tasks simultaneously often tackling several issues in parallel.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Communications team with day-to-day administrative tasks, such as taking call notes and maintaining agendas.
- Create and implement systems that eliminate redundancy and streamline information.
- Provide capacity for communications staff to implement particular projects.
- Help manage calendars and schedule team calls, as needed.
- Perform other tasks assigned by line manager and Global Communications Director.
- Organize in-person meetings and provide logistical support for venue identification and hire, travel booking, and accommodation arrangements.
- Provide administrative support during hiring and onboarding processes.
- Help with budget tracking and management, as needed.
- Act as the point person for any administrative tasks and issues and assist with any ad hoc project and emerging team-wide or organizational-wide administrative needs that may develop.
- Work closely with project managers to develop and record comprehensive project workflow plans which outline goals, priority audiences, success indicators, timelines, roles, key tasks, and project scope.
- Help assess individual and team capacity to undertake new projects.
- Assist project manager to maintain project plan, scope, schedule, and expenses.
- Propose logistical solutions or plan adjustments to the project manager when challenges arise, and implement solutions where applicable.
- Support adherence to project plan by checking in with project team members on progress and updating the workflow accordingly.
- Generate concluding metrics reports for the project and project team, which compare results to predefined project goals and success indicators.
- At least two (2) years experience as an administrative assistant or project coordinator
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Good command of the English language (written and conversational)
- Experience coordinating in person meetings/events, booking travel, and accommodation
- Financial numeracy to perform budget tracking and other financial administrative tasks
- Proficient with internet based calendar management/scheduling
- Keen attention to detail and ability to problem solve highly desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Flexible and proactive mindset
- Ability to integrate diversity, equity and inclusion into day-to-day work
Preferred Qualifications: desired, but not required, skills and experiences
- Working knowledge of and keen interest in the current global debates on climate change, energy, and climate justice
- Administrative experience with a focus on media-related tasks, ideally in an international context
- Strong working knowledge of traditional and social media
- Experience building metrics reports or tracking metrics
- Experience with general data collection
- Proficient in Google Suite, Meltwater, CiviCRM, Airtable, Slack, and Zoom or similar systems
- Experience working in nongovernmental organization or nonprofit sector
- Experience working remotely, especially across time zones
- Experience and competency working in international / multicultural groups
- Experience working and living in multiple countries
- Able to travel internationally on occasion
Position Type: Full time.
Application Deadline: May 26, 2019
Start Date: As Soon As Possible (Flexible)
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
Compensation based on experience.