The Environmental Compliance Technician is primarily responsible for monitoring the regulatory compliance of the Client's hazardous waste program.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Support site EH&S with environmental program compliance and provide support for EH&S initiatives
- Update EH&S waste labels, guidance documents, procedures, and work instructions
- Perform hazard/safety assessments (JHAs)
- Draft safety documentation (e.g. SOPs, workflows, work instructions)
- Assist with emergency response drill planning and training
- Update signage with appropriate icons, hazard communication, and implement where necessary
- Prepare, label, and stage waste containers in laboratories
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- College Degree preferred
- 2+ years experience in Environmental Science or related field;
- 2+ years of compliance experience;
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) laws/regulations (required).
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must have a strong understanding of CCR Title 22
- Knowledge of hazardous chemicals and segregation.
- Excellent oral communications
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com