Are you passionate about the environment? Would you like to be part of the team that is using data to help Amazon understand its environmental impact? Amazon Footprint works in a large, complex, and dynamic data and software environment, focused on increasing awareness by building platforms to analyze that data and drive sustainability-focused insights into decisions made throughout Amazon.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager who is able to collaborate effectively with a technical team and be responsible for key aspects of the software experience. In this role you, will lead the definition, and shepherd the development, of new features as well as important optimizations to the platforms used to gather and make sense of data from diverse sources across Amazon. The role is inherently cross-functional: you will work closely with a high-energy team of software engineers and program managers as well as internal & external product and technical stakeholders across the company. We need someone who thrives in a dynamic and ambiguous environment, is both creative and technical, and who is sensitive to (or understands) the diverse perspectives of stakeholders and works with them to resolve differences.
Successful candidates will thrive in and help lead fast-paced environments that leverage agile planning techniques, encourage and reward creativity and intelligent risk taking, and find innovative ways to leverage cutting edge technology. You'll help invent novel ways of collecting, analyzing and enabling discovery of data from a variety of real-time sources. You'll innovate and influence the direction of the latest Amazon technologies. With Amazon’s breadth, your work will transform how Sustainability is approached at Amazon, and in turn influence the entire industry.
And of course, a demonstrated passion for sustainability doesn’t hurt!
· 8+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
· Experience managing software releases
· Experience with bug tracking systems
· Experience with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
· Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, high attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
· Demonstrated experience engaging and influencing cross-functional stakeholders and senior executives.
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate new ideas with internal and external partners.
· Demonstrated ability to work across disciplines with engineering, design, and project management counterparts to deliver online products/services.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com