Environmental Sustainability Professional - NIH - Research Triangle Park, NC
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Environmental Sustainability Professional to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Research Triangle Park, NC.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with comprehensive benefit package
- Opportunity to work at NIH, the world's foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Kelly can do for you at www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com
TASKS. The contractor shall:
- Review existing refrigerator and freezer inventories, update and fill gaps in the inventory data, and develop a long-term strategy for energy conservation and cost savings.
- Collect and analyze data to identify positive-impact opportunities to reduce refrigerator and freezer numbers or space, temperature set points, energy efficiency, etc.; provide data driven recommendations.
- Coordinate and collaborate with NIEHS researchers, managers and leadership, NIEHS facilities staff; and NIH environmental staff to solicit input and develop a plan of action.
- Work with staff on the development of a framework for a chemical inventory system that provides identification, tracking and reporting capabilities for chemicals and reagents purchased for use in research or support operations.
- Review current chemical acquisition methods, assess chemical types and hazard classifications, review software/hardware needs and capabilities, and develop and implement procedures for inventory management.
- Coordinate and collaborate with NIEHS researchers, managers, and support personnel to identify opportunities to minimize travel and promote green meetings and conferencing; identify best practices for NIEHS’s existing tools and technology.
- Suggest other trending technologies, with their associated environmental benefits and return on investment; work with staff on their implementation.
- Develop education and communication strategies to promote green initiatives.
- Collaborate with staff on program evaluation of agency recycling efforts; review current recycling program, policies, and practices.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses and suggest opportunities to improve the volume and accuracy of recycled materials and reduce contamination through development of creative recycling educational and awareness campaigns.
- Work with staff on the preparation for environmental audits; develop responses, reports and corrective actions to address audit findings.
- Review and develop environmental program policies, procedures, guidance and training.
- Review climate resilience plan/program and work with staff on estimating cost/level of effort to accomplish resiliency measures; solicit stakeholder input; address comments; brief leadership and guidance for management decision-making; support implementation.
- Review previous sustainability reports and identify areas for improvement.
- Collect and analyze data; develop, maintain and update spreadsheets.
- Gather and analyze information about processed, programs and policies.
- Develop a Sustainability Report, Climate Resiliency Report and Chemical Inventory System.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Master’s degree in Environmental Science or a related discipline; three (3) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor’s degree is equivalent to a Master’s degree.
- Multiple years experience in environmental sustainability or a related field.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE.
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com