Administrative Assistant to Vice Presidents
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through our powerful networks and advocacy, we tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses. For more information about Ceres, please visit our web site (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
The Assistant will support two of the four Vice Presidents who serve on the Program Management Team. This critical role provides administrative and logistical support and assists with internal and external communications for the Vice Presidents. This opening is designed for an extremely organized, self-starter who has a demonstrated track record of successfully working with senior staff. The position reports to two Vice Presidents and is based in Boston, MA. Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide administrative and logistical support to Vice Presidents
- Prepare VPs for internal and external meetings ensuring materials are available or prepared for presentations
- Book travel and draft trip itineraries for VPs
- Manage calendars and prioritize meetings for VPs
- Process expense reports, reimbursements, and other finance-related administrative duties
- Track outreach to constituents and funders and update database with activity
- Attend internal and external meetings in order to take notes, compile meeting minutes and produce next steps for meeting attendees
- Provide writing support on communications to external partners
- Assist with planning, coordination and logistics for Department meetings and events, including side meetings at the Ceres annual conference or team retreats
- Work closely with other Assistants to assure coordination and alignment across Ceres
- Complete other administrative projects as assigned by Vice Presidents
- Minimum of four years of relevant work experience supporting a senior staff member
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, strong initiative and motivation
- Strong organizational and time management skills with attention to detail required.
- Successful record of organizing and advancing multiple projects and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Familiar with sustainability issues such as climate change, water risks, deforestation, etc., a plus
- Strong writing skills to develop correspondence on behalf of senior staff members.
- Strong oral skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proficient with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and e-mail applications
- Familiarity with a CRM Database (such as Salesforce), a plus.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.