Salesforce Database Administrator
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses. For more information about Ceres, please visit our website (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
The Salesforce Database Administrator manages key aspects the Ceres’ organizational database, implemented on the Salesforce.com platform. He/she serves as the primary administrator for day-to-day maintenance of Salesforce. This role is a resource for staff, answering questions, running queries, and making updates to the system. The Salesforce Database Administrator also carries out regular maintenance functions on the system to ensure clean and current data.
Salesforce is used to track our individual and organizational partners, donors and prospects, communications recipients, action items, annual planning goals, and coordinate how we work with external partners. Salesforce integrates with Ceres’ website as part of a comprehensive, data-centric approach to our work. This position reports directly to the Manager of Information systems. This job is an opportunity for an organized, detail-oriented, energetic, and trustworthy individual to work with program staff across Ceres. This is a full-time position based in Boston, MA.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reports and Dashboards
- Develop reports and dashboards to facilitate data access for staff
- Guide staff through data model
- Support staff training on report building
- License and User Management
- Assign Salesforce licenses to new staff
- Assist with user maintenance for our community members (Community Cloud)
- Basic permissions and security settings
- Support the development of a more robust user profile schema (principle of least privilege)
- Monitor security settings to ensure proper data access
- Configuration of integrated tools
- Assist with basic configuration of third-party apps (including donation systems, website integration, and other tools)
- Support the ongoing development of Salesforce integration with other platforms
- Data prep and import
- Provide support with cleaning and prep for larger volume data imports
- Documentation and support
- Assist with documentation of system changes
- Help manage incoming system requests
- Support change management process for system improvements and upgrades
- Support technical onboarding and troubleshooting for new staff
- Work with external consultants for larger projects and system enhancements
- Work with Communications, Development, and Program teams to ensure consistent integration of Salesforce with proposed or current web interface
- 2 years of applicable CRM work experience, required. Salesforce Administrator Certification preferred.
- At minimum, 3 years of professional experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Salesforce.com platform, required.
- Familiarity with the Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) a plus.
- Knowledge of donor databases and database integration for websites preferred.
- Experience with Visual Flow, Visualforce and Apex Triggers a plus.
- Excellent project management skills. Proven track record of achieving results.
- Proficient in data manipulation and basic ETL processes.
- Strong technical skills.
- Prior experience with technology support preferred, or an aptitude for learning technology quickly.
- Demonstrated experience working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, proven ability to demonstrate initiative and motivation.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, growth-oriented organization.
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Desire to work in a mission-driven, non-profit organization.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.