Environmental Data Analyst
Open to multiple locations in the Northeast
Possibility to work from home!
Would you enjoy being involved implementing a wide variety of database processes on environmental projects? Parsons is now hiring a technical specialist with experience in environmental data management with some field and oversight experience.
In this role you will perform a variety of tasks necessary to maintain, upgrade and create assigned databases. You’ll rely on experience and judgment to review, evaluate, design, implement, manage, and maintain assigned Parsons and client database(s) and to integrate databases on multiple platforms. Our specialists work with end users to assure assigned database systems continue to meet end user needs and perform to optimum capacity. Performs standard maintenance as well as more sophisticated programming and database support.
You will support end users in using Parsons' more complex database systems and provides individual training as necessary. In this role you will execute complex changes modifications and plans.
- Verify samples collected by field team are received and logged accurately by the analytical laboratory
- Track sample analyses are received from the laboratory on time and that the data package is complete
- Migrate data from various sources (Microsoft Access, Excel) into EQuIS
- Generate report deliverables (tables, data analysis etc) per project team schedule. This may involve the development of customized reports in SQL, Access, or Excel
- Reviews, evaluates, designs, implements and maintains assigned complex Parsons database(s). Integrates systems through client/server database design and implementation
- Identifies data sources, constructs data decomposition diagrams, provides data flow diagrams and documents the process
- Plans and configures the physical database environment
- Works independently to identify and execute complex maintenance and upgrade activities for assigned database systems
- Trains end users and updates databases and objects in response to evolving user needs
- Works with end users to identify the need for database modifications, upgrades, enhancements or changes and makes most database modifications and changes
- Troubleshoots complex database questions, issues and problems, including connectivity, authentication and data quality
- Revises company definition of data as defined in data dictionary
- Uses database management system manuals, industry standards and other information to processes and procedures for making changes to the database
- Creates workflow charts to define tasks the computer will perform, such as updating records
- Plans and schedules standard database maintenance and updates
- Tests programs or databases to assure they are working at optimum capacity, to correct errors and to make necessary modifications
- Schedules and supervises the installation, testing and implementation of complex new products or improvements to the existing database systems
- Identifies modifications and upgrades required for existing databases and database administration systems and recommends them to appropriate managers and staff. Implements the changes once they are approved
- Maintains a knowledge of vendor hardware and software. May interact with vendors to review product offerings and to recommend vendor systems
- Maintains a knowledge of industry trends in database systems
- 4-year degree in Computer Science (or related curriculum)
- 5- 8 years experience
- Knowledge of and proficient experience SQL, Microsoft Access and Excel
- Programming knowledge in SQL, Visual Basic and Phython a plus
- Experience with EQuIS and Microsoft Power BI a plus
- Non-Degreed database specialists must have at least 5-10 years of relevant work experience
- Strong communication skills, organization and working with remote teams
Recommended: Certified in the assigned primary database platform , such as Microsoft Certified Database Administrator
Our organization demonstrates the value of employing best practices in order to produce your best output. We look to you as an integral member of the team; you know how to apply our proven and successful principles to the work that you do. Your supervisor and co-workers look to you to keep the team moving forward and staying on the path that has proven to be most successful. We are receptive to new ideas that make sense and will improve upon our success. We have built a strong and successful company based on proven methods and you take comfort in knowing this fact.
Parsons has been a leader, innovator, and change agent for 75 years. Over this period, our industry has undergone continual change and we have been, and continue to be, proactive in taking advantage of the opportunities presented by change. The pace of adaptation of transformational technologies such as artificial intelligence, cloud computing, robotics, and big data analytics in our markets offers Parsons exciting opportunities to solve complex challenges for our customers in new and different ways.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com