Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech is seeking a Community Resilience Planning Intern to work out of their Harrisburg, PA office on various planning projects. The work schedule will be part time and approximately 20 to 30 hours a week. The selected candidate will provide the following support:
- Assist in the development of meeting agendas, process and materials for client meetings, and also attend and participate in the client meetings. Provide support to the team during the meetings, and prepare written summaries of the data and information collected during meetings.
- Assist with GIS services
- Review existing planning documents and summarizing findings
- Conduct research on Best Management Practices. Analyze the data and provide written summaries.
- Conduct demographic research and data gathering on existing conditions. Analyze the data and provide written summaries.
- Conduct field research and take pictures.
- Develop surveys for public use.
- Participate in team conference calls and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Only candidates currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program will be considered. The selected candidate must be attending college within a commuting distance of a maximum of seventy-five (75) miles of the Tetra Tech Harrisburg, PA office.
- The candidate shall be able to interact with the general public and stakeholders, participate in group meetings, work well with teams, possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal), be creative and highly organized.
- The candidate must be able to drive a motor vehicle, pass a motor vehicle records check, and be able to provide their own transportation.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Power Point and Excel
- Must have experience working with GIS
- Have the ability to interact and communicate with the public during public meetings
- Excellent field research skills
- Ability to take direction and work independently
- Experience with planning techniques and land use planning
- Must be a candidate for graduation in Spring of 2019 or December 2019. Working to obtain a graduate degree in and/or studying the following subjects: economics, government, environmental sustainability, geo-enviornmental science, geography, planning, GIS and community resilience, architecture, environmental science, marketing and communications, political science, public administration or a related degree.
- The ideal candidate will be able to walk short to mid-level distances in order to conduct site inspections of properties and buildings. Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs. Must be able to work in changing weather conditions and environments.
- Will be required to travel and conduct walking surveys in the filed/outdoors. Will have exposure to elements of the weather
- Must be able to work independently
- Work in public meeting settings and a team environment
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com