Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your professional skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
Your Responsibilities as an Environmental Intern:
- Conduct reclamation monitoring activities on Oil & Gas locations throughout Wyoming, Utah, and Colorado.
- Thoroughly and accurately complete field data entry forms, use and maintain electronic data collection devices such as tablets, toughbooks, and GPS units.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) necessary to conduct compliance monitoring tasks.
- Make field judgments based on training and experience to address challenging and unanticipated field conditions with the primary concern of health & safety.
- Gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- Input data into template reports.
- Actively develop your own career growth.
Why you'll love working for us:
- Company-subsidized medical and dental.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability.
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more.
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 750+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
What we're looking for:
- College level course work or field experience related to biological, environmental, or earth science
- Ability to identify common Wyoming, Utah, and Colorado weeds, grasses, forbs, and shrubs
- Proficiency in navigation and interpretation of topographic maps, use of Global Positioning Systems (GPS) equipment.
- Ability to work independently and self-initiate in demanding work conditions
- Strong technical writing skills, the ability to successfully multi-task, safety awareness, and a good record and understanding of safe work practices.
- Experience with data management and report preparation.
- These positions require occasional overnight travel with all expenses paid and a daily per diem.
- Valid driver's license and personal vehicle are required.
- Strong communication skills-Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
We're ready to get this key position filled so if this is you, submit your resume now for consideration. If you're ready to grow, let us know!
Apex Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com