Anchor QEA Seeking Managing Scientist for Portland Office
Who Are We?
Anchor QEA is an environmental science and engineering consulting firm that wants to improve the environment and our communities by solving challenging problems. We employ more than 350 people in offices around the United States. Our vision is a growing company that is our clients’ first choice for solving their most challenging problems and our employees’ first choice as a company where they want to work. We believe engaged staff lead to great client service and to a financially strong company—in that order. Our work environment fosters personal and professional growth for employees by providing autonomy, a clear vision, and the ability to master their skill set.
What’s the Opportunity?
Anchor QEA has an immediate opening for a Managing Scientist in our Portland, Oregon, office to manage, execute, and support projects in our Environmental Geochemistry Laboratory and other related projects.
- Provide overall technical and managerial oversight of projects.
- Demonstrate success in generating revenue by developing and independently managing new work for the company, including approach, delegation, task management, and budget management.
- Make authoritative decisions and recommendations that impact extensive activities of the company.
- Represent and potentially lead the company in marketing initiatives as a member of an overall team, including but not limited to conference attendance, committee membership in technical and professional societies, proposal development, and generating new client contacts.
- Fully responsible for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments.
- Negotiate critical and controversial issues with top-level officers of other companies.
- Possess a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing, and guiding projects.
- Plan, organize, and supervise work of project teams or teams of staff dedicated to one task of a larger project team.
- Provide Quality Control before products are sent to clients.
- Mentor staff on workload, technical approach, and career development.
What Are We Looking For?
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- PhD in Environmental Science, Environmental Chemistry, or Geochemistry
- Minimum 15 years of experience in environmental consulting including project and staff management
- Experience working in a research laboratory environment.
- Understanding of environmental analytical methods, data validation, and corrective action to address data quality issues
- Experience designing, managing and executing laboratory and field studies to document and assess contaminant fate and transport, bioavailability, and remedial technology feasibility and performance
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills
What Can You Expect?
A collegial work environment; a competitive salary, bonus program, and excellent benefits, including health insurance (medical, dental, vision, and long-term disability); a generous retirement plan match; and vacation/sick leave.
As an equal opportunity employer, Anchor QEA is committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. Anchor QEA does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com