Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today Learn more
Position Specific Description
Florida Power & Light is committed to being an industry leader in environmental protection and stewardship, including wildlife and habitat protection. With this in mind, FPL has forged an innovative partnership with Audubon Florida. Together, we are working to increase the positive environmental impact of FPL’s universal solar power plants by partnering on conservation opportunities unique to Florida and its diverse ecosystems.
This position is on the Environmental Outreach team of the Corporate Environmental Services Department supporting this innovative partnership. Working with both internal and external stakeholders, you will feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping a leading clean energy company even further improve the environment.
This role will provide specialized environmental expertise and project management skills to design, implement and ensure success of environmental stewardship plans for universal scale solar energy centers across the state of Florida.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
This job is responsible for obtaining environmental approvals, licenses and permits for construction and operation of new and existing NextEra, Inc. facilities from Federal, State and Regional agencies.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Supports the company's compliance with environmental requirements
• Supports environmental aspects of company operations, such as, compliance, reporting, monitoring, remediation, and environmental permitting functions
• Monitors and analyzes environmental policies and regulations that affect the company and its customers
• Provides the necessary support to staff to resolve environmental matters
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience:3+ years