Dominion Energy is seeking an experienced Environmental Specialist III to join its team to support Dominion Energy facilities. This position has responsibility for environmental compliance, environmental stewardship, and oversight of Dominion Energy’s Greenhouse Gas programs, working under the direction of the Supervisor of Environmental Regulations. The Environmental Specialist III also provides technical direction and oversight to junior staff and contractors/ consultants. The primary focus is air, but work may involve other environmental media and training as assigned.
Technical complexity of work is medium to high. Job duties include:
- High level understanding of state/federal air emissions inventories, operational parametric monitoring, recordkeeping and reporting requirements to support corporate-wide Greenhouse Gas reporting and metrics.
- Independently develops, implements, coordinates, and oversees complex air quality programs and projects which relate to company compliance with federal, state, and local Greenhouse Gas and Methane reductions regulations.
- Writes and edits detailed scientific reports, suitable for both submission to regulatory agencies and voluntary corporate reporting that evaluate long-term results from various system-wide quality programs.
- Provides regulatory and scientific expertise, advice, guidance, and interpretation to company personnel which ensures or improves compliance with all regulatory and voluntary Greenhouse Gas, Carbon, and Methane reduction requirements/ initiatives.
- Prepares and submits correspondence, reports, and testimonies to environmental regulatory agencies.
- Represents Company before regulatory agencies, industry groups, and the public on environmental issues.
- Reads, analyzes, and interprets new and existing regulations.
- Develops and conducts environmental trainings.
- Adherence to Dominion Energy safety rules and safety performance expectations.
- Adherence to Dominion Energy environmental policies, guidance, and work practices.
- Use of electronic databases to analyze and monitor company compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
The successful candidate must have the following experience:
- 5+ years of experience with regulatory and/or voluntary Greenhouse Gas reporting programs, including all associated data management, monitoring, recordkeeping, and reporting requirements.
- Extremely knowledgeable or expert level understanding of the Clean Air Act and Mandatory Greenhouse Gas Reporting program.
- Proven ability to diplomatically and assertively handle challenging situations with regulatory agencies, the public, or company personnel.
- Respectful assertiveness to proactively ensure environmental compliance requirements are met by others while considering the spirit and letter of the law.
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Proven team building skills, communication skills, writing skills and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of people internal and external to the organization in a collaborative fashion.
- Proven ability to work in a geographically diverse team environment.
BS or MS in physical science, environmental engineering, chemical engineering, environmental science or equivalent education.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com