About the role:
We are currently seeking a Senior Specialist Environment & Emissions within our corporate office located in South Brisbane.
Reporting to the Director Sustainable Development, the scope of your role will be to provide strategic support to Peabody’s Australian operations for the management of Energy and GHG Emissions and broader operational environmental management issues.
Duties will include:
- Provide technical emissions support to Peabody Australia operations including monitoring, reporting requirements and compliance with Safeguard Mechanism
- Liaise with and advise internal and external stakeholders on current and emerging emissions and energy policy and legislation
- Support the development, management and implementation of specific environmental programs
- Manage Peabody Australia NGER reporting obligations including compilation of data
- Coordinate and manage annual NPI reporting processes
- Assist with the delivery of Peabody corporate reporting requirements for emissions, environment and sustainability scorecards
- Support and facilitate internal and external emission’s audits
- Technical analysis and reporting of emissions and specific environmental data
- Ongoing process improvement to ensure efficient and accurate data management systems
- Support the implementation of Peabody Environmental Governance, Risk and Compliance programs
This position is offered on a Monday to Friday basis, working from our South Brisbane office. Peabody offers flexible start / finish times and ‘Summer Hours’ giving employees flexibility to finish at noon on Friday’s for 6 months of the year commencing in October. This role will require occasional site travel interstate.
- Environmental Engineering degree or similar
- Knowledge of Energy and Emission legislative compliance and interpretation – the ability to read, understand, and comply with legislation (desirable to have Federal, QLD and NSW)
- Emission reporting experience – NGERS and NPI
- Experience in identification of Energy Efficiency Opportunities
- Understanding and experience in managing broader environmental management issues within mining
- Experience in using data management systems
- Excellent communication and strong influencing skills
- Strong organisational skills and high attention to detail
- Project and contractor management experience
At Peabody, we:
- Commit to safety and health as a way of life
- Foster a culture of inspiration, innovation, collaboration and execution
- Are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse workplace
- Offer a reward and recognition program
- Provide professional and technical development opportunities
- Support employees to achieve professional accreditation
Our mission is to create superior value for shareholders as the leading global supplier of coal, which enables economic prosperity and a better quality of life.
Apply to Peabody today and grow your career with us.