The Engineering Associate collects samples, gathers information, and analyzes and coordinates the preparation of the data. He/she also supports the project engineer and management staff in the engineering designs and technical research, including plans, specifications, and reports.
- Perform various engineering related calculations and analyses of information in the application of the basic design criteria necessary to complete assigned projects.
- Collaborate with CAD technicians, field technicians, designers, and other team personnel to complete projects efficiently and accurately.
- Assist the lead Project Engineer or Project Manager in estimating and tracking project costs. The Engineering Associate should have a working knowledge of the procedures which are necessary to execute a sound and efficient project, with the ultimate goal of developing good project management techniques.
- Coordinate the preparation of data tabulation/evaluation and reports. Assist in coordination of report production and development of engineering designs and specifications. Perform quality control (QC) checks.
- Perform field assignments including resident engineering, construction observation, site inspections, and conducting field assessment of properties.
- Prepare daily QC reports, maintain field notes and photo documentation as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, plus minimum 2 to 4 years related experience.
- EIT certification preferred but not required.
- Able to analyze, interpret and present data.
- Able to meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Able to carry out multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Able to travel for weeks at a time and have a valid driver's license.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Knowledge in the use of CAD programs including AutoDesk Civil 3D and AutoCAD. Understanding of Bently Microstation and ERSI Arc Map a plus.
- Effective verbal communication skills with colleagues, vendors, and subcontractors. Must be able to explain scopes of work (RFP) and obtain quotes from vendors.
- Effective organizational skills to maintain deliverables, analytical results, and field notes in project files.
- Effective writing skills to assist with report writing, proposal preparation, and engineering/construction cost estimates.
- Able to work effectively in group settings.
- Develops a working knowledge of engineering design and/or modeling software.
- Assists with client contacts and communication pertaining to specific tasks.
- Member of professional organization suited to specific practice area.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com