Our Wall Township, NJ office seeks a mid-level Geologist or Environmental Scientist.
This position typically consists of 30% fieldwork and 70% office work, and may include some overnight travel.
- Directly responsible for managing multiple complex projects at terminal, pipeline and refinery and or industrial facilities that may include remediation design, installation and operation, site and risk characterization, and regulatory negotiations and compliance:
- Oversees project budgets and invoice review and approval.
- Manages H&S goals and initiatives agreed upon annually with supervisor.
- Leads weekly project updates and meets with supervisor weekly.
- Develops remediation plans and specifications to determine the most appropriate environmental solutions.
- Prepares LSRP submittal drafts.
- Tracks mandatory and regulatory project-specific requirements.
- Assists with detailed proposals and cost estimates on mid- size to larger projects.
- Self-performs or directs junior staff in the installation of soil borings, monitoring wells, remediation activities, waste management and disposal, and other field requirements using standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Completes groundwater monitoring and other technical reports, including generation of tables, figures and appendices.
- Prepares NJDEP forms, including individual Report forms, Case Inventory Documents (CIDs), Receptor Evaluations (RE), Pubic Notifications, Full Laboratory Data Deliverables, Vapor Concern and Immediate Environmental Concern, and Well Searches.
- Communicates with vendors, contractors, 3rd parties, clients and generates weekly project updates.
Skills & Requirements
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Geology, Environmental Science, Engineering or a related discipline and 5 -10 years of related experience. Retail petroleum and/or industrial site experience required.
- Must have excellent technical writing, delegation, mentoring, negotiation, decision-making, and time management skills.
- Must also have excellent leadership skills, have the ability to interact with senior level client management, be resourceful, and possess a high degree of initiative.
- Must have OSHA 40 hr. Hazwoper and up to date on 8 hr. Refresher Training.
- Team Player, dynamic, eagerness to learn, motivated and highly responsive
- Well versed with SRRA and the LSRP program and willingness to review and ability to comprehend NJDEP guidance.
- Possession of TWIC card is preferred.
Our comprehensive benefits include: medical, dental, vision, prescription, 401k, FSA, LTD, STD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more.
GES is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that strongly values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com