Georgia-Pacific is seeking a self-motivated and dependable Complex Environmental Manager for the Taylorsville Plywood and Studmill complex in Taylorsville, MS. Reporting to both Plant Managers, the individual will be responsible for the development, implementation and management of both facility’s environmental compliance programs and systems. This position will assist in ensuring facility compliance with governmental regulations, such as state and federal air regulations, storm water, wastewater, hazardous waste and to company policies and procedures such as Georgia-Pacific's Environmental Compliance Standards.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Assisting with day-to-day environmental compliance requirements of applicable permits, plans, and regulations. These may include collecting records, preparing reports, monitoring & directing work performed by consultants, conducting inspections, and sample collection.
- Assisting the plant manager in the development and the implementation of the corporate environmental management system (7-Element Risk Management System), as well as provides training to the facility personnel to manage environmental compliance through dispersed ownership.
- Participating in incident investigation, mitigation, root cause analysis and corrective action
- Representing the facility during agency inspections
- Providing environmental permitting / planning support to capital projects.
- Leading as a champion of Market-Based Management® and Operations Excellence (OpEx) by communicating and demonstrating to employees how actions connect to GP’s environmental vision and create long-term value.
- Participating in the plant’s strategic planning and project review process, tracking metrics, and supporting continuous improvement of the facility’s environmental management system.
- Being proactive and assertive with a high sense of urgency related to problem solving.
- Working cohesively and effectively with others
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree Environmental or related engineering/science field
- Three (3) or more years of industrial/manufacturing environmental experience
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience working with federal and State of Mississippi environmental regulations such as MACT rules, air permitting and reporting, water, storm water and waste management.
- Experience using Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word, OneNote, and SharePoint
- Experience communicating environmental requirements and responsibilities to multiple levels of an organization
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.