Be involved in projects with our Water & Environment Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges. At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future! WSP is currently initiating a search for an Environmental Intern for our Madison, WI office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Synthesize large amounts of information contained in regulatory files, environmental permits, and other environmental documentation.
- Assist with conducting environmental due diligence assessments.
- Assist in the preparation of Health and Safety Plans (HASPs).
- Assist with the collection of environmental media samples including soil, sediment, groundwater, and air using appropriate technologies.
- Tabulate and analyze data using Microsoft Excel.
- Assist in the preparation of written reports.
- Assist more experienced staff in broader related activities.
- Perform routine project planning activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- CURRENT standing as a Junior/ Senior student actively enrolled in an accredited Engineering (or related) Undergraduate or Graduate Program.
- Must be a university student in good standing working towards a degree in Geology, Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or Natural Resources related field within an accredited program
- Must have completed at least two years of post-secondary education.
- Valid US driver’s license.
- Previous internship experience.
- Experience in ArcGIS.
- Working knowledge and understanding of federal and state regulations applicable to environmental site investigation and remediation projects.
WSP USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com