ERM is looking for a motivated, detail-oriented Environmental Geologist/Engineer/Scientist to join our growing team in Richmond, VA. Working under the direction of project managers and partners, the successful candidate will work on interesting site investigation and remediation, as well as transactional due diligence (Phase I/II ESAs) projects throughout the MidAtlantic and other US locations. You may also have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, covering the full spectrum of ERM’s services.
This is a great opportunity to work with ERM's technical experts to implement the latest engineering and remediation technologies, while building the required experience to obtain your professional registration.
- Support projects involving site investigation and remediation of contaminated sites for clients with technical/regulatory issues in Virginia and surrounding Mid-Atlantic States.
- Assist with completion of Preliminary Assessments and Phase I ESAs including site inspections, facility interviews, file reviews, and compliance assessments.
- Contribute to the preparation of scope of work documents and sampling plans for proposed investigation activities. Assist with preparation of reports presenting the results of site inspections, investigations, and other remedial activities. Support work includes preparation of tables, figures, and writing draft narratives summarizing proposed or completed field activities and findings for Project Manager Review.
- Participate in field work related to remediation of contaminated sites, including collection of soil, groundwater, soil vapor, indoor air, surface water, and/or sediment samples. Field work will also include general oversight of field activities related to drilling, well installation, health and safety, subcontractor management, and implementation of remedial measures including pilot studies, system construction, injection programs, and excavation.
- Although primary role will be within the contaminated site management group, may also support other practices such as transaction services, air quality and climate change, performance and assurance, etc.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with other ERM employees, clients and subcontractors.
- Develop a skill set that will allow for advancement to a task manager and project manager position. This includes beginning to manage logistics of field work and supporting the overall project management responsibilities.
- Assist with due diligence assessments consistent with ASTM Phase I standards and other global protocols, including broad-based compliance assessments, and follow-on Phase II environmental site assessments.
- Begin to develop client relationships by interacting with clients at job sites and also supporting the Project Manager with general client management and correspondence duties.
- Willingness to travel to sites that require overnight stay for periods of 1-2 weeks at a time, or more, as needed to support field work at sites outside of our immediate vicinity.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in engineering, geology, environmental science, or related discipline.
- 3 to 7 years’ experience in the environmental consulting or related field.
- Some familiarity of the local Virginia regulatory climate, including familiarity with the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality (VDEQ) Voluntary Remediation Program (VRP).
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills.
- Previous environmental field work experience and 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification are required.
- Prior Drilling oversight experience, including monitoring well installation, Geoprobe, Sonic, Air Rotary, and geologic/hydrogeologic characterization.
- Knowledge of Subsurface Utility Clearance Protocols
- Geologist in Training (GIT) certification and progressive experience towards or ability to obtain Professional Geologist (PG) certification.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Local candidates preferred, or willingness to relocate.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a video questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com