The Team Environmental Manager is responsible for the supervision of the environmental staff on their team and the preparation of the landfill budget, managing all spending for the engineering team and assigned facilities, as well as overseeing consultants and contractors during site development. The Team Environmental Manager is also responsible for permitting and ensuring assigned facilities remain in compliance with all applicable regulations during operation and through post-closure of the facilities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Works directly with the Area Environmental Manager (AEM) to gain Area-level experience related to personnel, financial, and technical management.
- Supervises environmental personnel, including responsibility for hiring, training, mentoring, scheduling, directing, managing performance and other related duties;
- Regulatory monitoring and reporting (including groundwater monitoring, air compliance monitoring, and leachate sampling).
- Reviews work, and is accountable for the performance of the environmental staff under their supervision including:
- Cell, closure, site development, and other project management (construction and CQA contractors);
- Oversight of landfill gas O&M contractors and developers;
- Engineering, permitting and compliance (including capacity calculations, permit modifications, expansions, and site surveying);
- Ensures all direct reports and third-party consultants and contractors are compliant with the Facility’s and Company’s health, safety, and maintenance programs.
- Manages construction projects for landfill cells and sites, including capacity calculations, scheduling/timeline, management of third-party CQA and contractors, and resource and material coordination ensuring adherence to the Company’s Design and Construction Quality Assurance (CQA) Standards.
- Prepares landfill capital and operational budgets.
- Coordinates preparation of permit applications and designs, including regulatory interface, site expansion, modifications to the operating plan application, and other related data.
- Ensures compliance by coordinating air, surface water and groundwater monitoring, environmental data review, and reporting.
- Supervises and at times prepares regulatory communication and contact with local, state, and federal regulators.
- Acts as the primary contact for technical issues and compliance related questions for the team.
- Maintains financial responsibility for construction/cell development, closure/post-closure, engineering, operations, and cost tracking for the team.
- Performs ongoing public relations and due diligence activities through communication with the corporate office, area team, regulatory agency representatives, third party consultants, and investors.
- Attends regulatory and association sponsored informational and policy meetings as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Geology, Biology or related science or foreign education equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with landfill engineering or environmental compliance with air, water, and solid waste
- Thorough knowledge of environmental regulations relating to environmental systems.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com