Corporate Services (CS) provides Intel employees the infrastructure and environment to create breakthrough technology that make amazing experiences possible. Our scope is vast, whether we are providing services that help employees stay productive and satisfied, or transforming how we work by providing ultra-pure water/chemicals to factory process tools, shuttling employees between sites, protecting the environment, keeping employees safe, or building and maintaining offices, labs, and factories. Our employees create a better tomorrow for all Intel employees around the world.
In this position, you will be representing the Intel EHS Organization in the area of environmental engineering. You will be responsible for the compliance of all applicable environmental regulations, government requirements and Intel policies for air and or water and waste programs.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Influencing organizations to maintain environmental performance and limit Intel's environmental footprint.
- Teaming with other EHS professionals on a site, regional and global level to share learning, increase innovation and drive synergy throughout Intel.
- Partnering with site, regional and global stakeholders to increase environmental awareness, tracking, analyzing and reporting environmental indicators and driving continuous improvement efforts. Preparing and submitting required environmental reports, indicators, permit applications/modifications with high degree of quality. Interface with appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Developing solutions to problems utilizing formal education and engineering judgment.
The successful candidate will:
- Prepare and submit required environmental reports/plans and maintain all the environmental permit applications/modifications.
- Represent your region in cross-site teams to increase environmental awareness, share learning, increase innovation, and drive synergy throughout Intel.
- Lead compliance self-assessments to gauge the health of the environmental programs and identify areas needed for improvement to ensure regulatory compliance is met.
- Be the liaison to regulatory agencies for site specific sustaining environmental program support; e.g., City of Chandler, Maricopa County Air Quality Department, Arizona Department of Environmental Quality, Arizona Department of Water Resources, and the US Environmental Protection Agency.
The successful candidate will exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Influencing skills at all levels of the organization.
- Willingness to translate complex ideas and data into simple, actionable recommendations.
This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly. Relevant experience can be obtained through school work, classes and project work, internships, military training, and/ or work experience. You must possess the following minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Chemical/Environmental Engineering or a related field.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
At least 1 year of experience in:
- Environmental, health, and safety field
- Federal/State regulatory requirements in Air, Wastewater or Waste.
- Knowledge of Arizona State regulatory requirements in Air, Wastewater or Waste.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com