Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for an Environmental, Health and Safety Senior Engineer at our Marion, OH facility.
This Environmental, Health, and Safety Senior Engineer (EHS) professional will lead, direct, and support the EHS initiatives to ensure a culture where environmental compliance, protection and reduction of risk is a priority. If selected, the candidate will provide leadership and direction for EHS programs at the site and promote a proactive EHS culture. The candidate will also assure compliance with all federal, state and local environmental and EHS regulations, as well as company EHS policies.
- Implements and maintains company policies adhering to local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Responsible for preparing, maintaining and implementing EHS policies and procedures as required.
- Provides site leadership for World Class Manufacturing Environment Pillar, including management of Energy, Water and Waste reduction targets and delivery of associated projects.
- Facilitates tracking of all environmental data & responsible for execution of associated targets
- Supports compliance with all environmental, health and safety regulations, and keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization.
- Responsible for completion of applicable regulatory environmental compliance reports, including:
- Stormwater, Industrial Wastewater and SPCC Programs
- Tier 2 “Emergency and Hazardous Chemical Inventory” SARA Title lll
- Toxic Chemical Release Inventory (Form R)
- Air Emissions Inventory/ Air Permit
- Waste Generation
- Implementing management system for environmental record keeping requirements
- Responsible for compliance activities to support the following permitted activities, including preparing permit applications, fees and other submittals to agencies
- Actively participate in team meetings & demonstrate willingness to partner closely with Operations
- Support the Safety Technicians as needed
- Ability to manage functional site costs, process payments and track EHS spending
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science or Engineering
- 5+ years job experience within a manufacturing organization
- 3+ years of Health and Safety Experience
- Experience preparing/reviewing reports and permits listed above
- Broad problem solving capabilities
- Ability to lead and work with cross-functional indirect teams
- Proven ability for strategic thinking and working independently
- Ability to utilize Google computer application
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Customer focused and team-oriented; able to lead projects to drive sustainable business solution
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com