Whirlpool is currently seeking an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Engineer for our Cleveland, TN location. This EHS professional will lead, direct, and support the initiatives to ensure a culture where environmental compliance, protection and reduction of risk are a priority. This position reports directly to the plant's EHS Leader. Candidate will provide leadership and direction for EHS programs at the site and promote a proactive EHS culture and will also assure compliance with all federal, state and local environmental and EHS regulations, and company EHS policies.
- Implements and maintains company policies adhering to local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Responsible for preparing, maintaining and implementing EHS policies and procedures as required
- Provides site leadership for World Class Manufacturing Environment Pillar, including management of Energy, Water and Waste reduction targets and delivery of associated projects.
- Facilitates tracking of all environmental data & responsible for execution of associated targets
- Supports compliance with all environmental, health and safety regulations, and keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization.
- Responsible for completion of applicable regulatory environmental compliance reports, including: Storm water, Industrial Wastewater and SPCC Programs
- Tier 2 "Emergency and Hazardous Chemical Inventory" SARA Title III
- Toxic Chemical Release Inventory (Form R) o Air Emissions Inventory/ Air Permit
- Waste Management - Implementing management system for environmental record keeping requirements
- Responsible for compliance activities to support the following permitted activities, including preparing permit applications, fees and other submittals to agencies
- Actively participate in team meetings & demonstrate willingness to partner closely with Operations Directly supervise Waste Treatment Technician Support the Safety Technicians as needed.
- Ability to manage functional site costs, process payments and track EHS spending
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years working in an EHS or Safety role
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, or Engineering or Safety
- Waste Management and Storm water compliance
- Experience preparing/reviewing reports and permits listed above Health and Safety Experience Broad problem solving capabilities
- Ability to utilize Google computer applications
- Customer focused and team-oriented; able to lead projects to drive sustainable business to solutions
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com