About the Position: In this position, you will serve as a Park Ranger in Rock Island, IL performing a variety of duties that require general knowledge of Resource Management programs such as recreation management, visitor assistance, and interpretation.
Learn more about this agency
- Coordinate and execute public special events along with developing content and management of social media platforms and websites and development of interpretative brochures, poster, and images.
- Assist visitors by performing search and rescue missions, first aid, and safety programs.
- Seek and manage partnerships with local government, civil groups, and educational organizations
- Bring problems or violations to the attention of visitors and, if appropriate, issue notices of violations.
- Participate in the day-to-day operation of recreation areas; i.e., patrolling project lands and water to ensure compliance with Federal regulations pertaining to parking, camping, noise level, sanitation, and safety.
- Collection and inputting of data; capable to collecting data from various methods and enter collected data into multiple databases.
- Participate in the collection of recreation fees, processes fees in accordance to regulations and audits financial records.
Occasional travel - Up to 5% business travel may be required.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com