Arcadis seeking a self-motivated,Environmental Engineer/Scientist or Geologist in our Richmond, VA office to support a variety of projects/project teams. This is a position for a dynamic individual looking for career growth in environmental consulting.
This full-time position is expected to support environmental investigation, remediation and permitting projects, and will be working alongside and supporting task managers, technical experts, and project managers on multiple projects.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Project Managers (PMs) and Assistant PMs (APMs) and Task Managers (TMs) with remedial investigations, permitting and engineering design
- Ability to communicate results of investigation and activities internally and externally
- Exhibiting ownership of delegated tasks, including responsibility for coordination and delivery of on-schedule and on-budget tasks
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Oversight of drilling operations (installing monitoring wells and/or soil borings)
- Soil, groundwater, and air sampling in compliance with State and Federal standards
- Operation and maintenance of subsurface remediation systems
- Subcontractor oversight and scheduling
- Aquifer pump testing
- Stormwater/surface water sampling
- Office work will include preparation of work plans, cost estimates, subcontracts, letters, responses to comments, and reports
- Underground and above ground storage tank inspection, testing, and repair/alteration oversight
- Data management (compilation, manipulation, and evaluation of data)
- Conducting project related research (historical data, regulations, etc.)
- Figure/map production
- 0-3 years of relevant experience
- Geology or Environmental Science Degree
- Experience with site investigation activities including well installation, soil, groundwater and surface water sampling and report/work plan preparation
Junior Geologist, Engineer or Environmental Scientist
- 4 years of relevant experience
- Geologist or Engineer in Training
- Master's degree in engineering, Geology or Environmental Science
- Experience with site investigation and wetland permitting, preferably in Pennsylvania, Maryland and West Virginia
- 40 Hour HAZWOPER Trained
Required Driving Statement
This position requires a current valid driver's license and clean driving record.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com