Arcadis seeking a Task Manager with a background as a Geologist, Environmental Scientist, Civil Engineer or Environmental Engineer in our Hanover, MD office.
This is a position for a dynamic individual looking for career growth in environmental consulting and the Federal Market. This full-time position is expected to support environmental investigation, remediation and permitting projects, and will be working alongside and supporting Federal project managers and multiple projects.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Project and Associate Project Managers (PM/APM) with planning environmental investigation and remediation tasks
- Lead environmental investigations and remediation projects to include directing the day-to-day activities of junior-level staff; schedule and coordinate task resources, and solicit guidance from senior level technical staff and PM/APM
- Evaluate data to (1) support conceptual site models for environmental investigations, (2) delineate the nature and extent of contamination, and (3) modify and optimize post-remedy long-term-monitoring programs
- Lead (with PM/APM guidance) the development of CERCLA Remedial Investigations, Feasibility Studies, Proposed Plans, Records of Decisions, and Remedial Designs and/or their RCRA or State equivalent; this includes the coordination of teams for figure generation, data management, work plans, and/or other required supporting documents
- Address client and regulatory comments on deliverables and drive the strategy in achieving comment resolution (with PM/APM guidance)
- Daily financial monitoring and reporting to PM/APM
- Cost Estimating: prepare costs estimates to support establishing project budgets and evaluating subcontractor proposals
- Prepare subcontracts (Federal and/or civilian) and coordinate all aspects of subcontractor tasks including schedule, logistics, health, and safety
- Ensure tasks are completed in accordance with all Federal, State, Local, and client specific health and safety requirements
- Periodically perform fieldwork which may include drilling oversight for soil sampling and/or groundwater well installation, groundwater sampling, excavation oversight, operation and maintenance of remediation systems, and vapor intrusion/soil gas surveys
- Environmental remediation design tasks, including soil and groundwater remedial systems
- This position may be in the field up to 10% of the time, depending on project staffing needs
The selected candidate will have:
- Previous experience with task management to include controlling scope, schedule, budget, and ensuring adherence to Health and Safety Requirements; managing $50,000 net revenue
- Working familiarity with CERCLA, RCRA, TSCA, or State level regulated remediation (e.g., State Voluntary Remediation Programs)
- Cost estimating experience - candidate should have sufficient experience with routine environmental tasks (e.g., field sampling technologies and methods, lab coordination, supporting subcontractor oversight of utility clearance, surveyors, etc) to develop cost estimates for establishing budgetary estimates
- Previous environmental sampling experience
- Previous experience with subcontractor procurement and management (e.g., preparation of request for bids, preparation of scope of work, ensure work is completed in accordance with scope of work and H&S requirements)
- Candidate should be health and safety focused, and able to work successfully in a team setting
Candidates with the following experience are encouraged to apply:
- Up to 10 years of relevant experience with either Federal Department of Defense (USACE, AFCEC, etc.), Railway, and/or Retail Petroleum clients
- OSHA 10 or 30 hour and/or familiarity with United States Army Corp of Engineers EM 385-1-1 Safety and Health Requirements Manual
- Experience around heavy equipment, excavation, and construction work
- Operation and maintenance experience on remediation systems
- Experience managing remediation projects with greater than $100,000 Net Revenue
Per project requirements, the candidate must be a U.S. Citizen, able to gain security clearance, and able to pass a thorough background check.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science or other related discipline
- 5-10 years of relevant experience
- OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER
Environmental Task Manager
- Master of Science degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science or other related discipline
- P.E. or P.G. License
Required Driving Statement
This position requires a current valid driver's license and clean driving record.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com