Coastal Resources, Inc. is currently looking for a Stream Restoration Specialist to work on various environmental and transportation projects. Work will primarily focus on providing geomorphic assessments of stream channels, and natural channel designs for stream restoration projects in the Mid-Atlantic region.
The successful candidate will be capable of working effectively in both the office and field. We are looking for an enthusiastic, dependable, self-starting team player who is organized and able to work effectively under tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- 8+ years of field-based stream experience, including geomorphic assessments
- B.S. or B.A. degree required with a major in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Geology, or a similar field
- Experience with processing and analyzing geomorphic data, and writing reports
- Must have the ability to interface with all levels of personnel and management
- Must have the ability to thrive in a team environment
- Must be willing to perform a wide range of tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- M.S. degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Geology, or a similar field
- Experience with stream and wetland mitigation site identification
- Experience with preparing reports, plans, specifications and estimates for stream restoration projects
- Experience with coordinating with clients, including federal, state and local agencies
- Rosgen or other stream restoration training
- Familiar with watershed assessment protocols such as Maryland DNR Stream Corridor Assessments or the Center for Watershed Protection protocols
- Familiar with Chesapeake Bay TMDL requirements
- Familiar with Maryland Erosion & Sediment Control regulations
- Experience with leading field teams and managing projects
Competitive salary and benefits package. EEO. No phone calls please. Current eligibility to work in the US is required. Email cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.