Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Conduct studies to assess potential impacts of climate change and sea level rise on vulnerable infrastructure in a variety of coastal, natural and urban environments.
- Lead adaptation planning and development of strategies to enhance resilience by actively engaging with agencies and communities in planning forums and public meetings.
- Work with local and regional agencies to integrate adaptation strategies into existing planning processes including general plans, local coastal plans, capital infrastructure plans and environmental plans.
- Prepare a variety of technical documents including client reports, agency plans, funding proposals and peer-reviewed publications.
- Manage projects located throughout the West Coast, including technical leadership and oversight, risk management, safety and mentoring.
- Travel to client/prospect/teaming partner/remote offices/headquarters required, including overnight travel.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in engineering, earth sciences, or similar environmental science field
- Knowledge and expertise in climate, coastal and environmental issues in the western states.
- Expertise in preparation of long-range plans and associated environmental documents and permitting.
- 10+ years of professional resiliency planning experience.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively within project team.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com