7 vacancies in the following locations:
About the Position: As a temporary Park Ranger assigned to DeGray Lake Field Office or Lake Ouachita Field Office, the incumbent will conduct regular, routine patrols in designated recreational areas to observe, inspect, and report on user activities and on-the-ground conditions, to maintain contact and liaison with and provide information to visitors, and to obtain specific information and data required by supervisor.
Learn more about this agency
- Conducting regular, routine patrols in recreational areas to insure proper use of facilities.
- Advising visitors of standard established restrictions, on camping areas, use of fire pits, proper methods for loading/unloading of watercraft, swimming areas and disposal of waste.
- Observing for evidence of erosion, fire hazards, vandalism, safety hazards, forest fires, general condition of site premises and facilities. Report findings to supervisor.
- Providing customer service to the public such as directions, locations of sites, facilities available and general inquiries.
- Assisting with missing or lost persons, rescue operation, investigating accidents, vandalism by use of radio contact. Possibly provide First Aid to injured persons.
- May involve operating a small watercraft or vehicle, two-way radio, exposure to weather elements and possible encounters with poisonous plants, insects and wildlife.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position less than 10% of the time for business.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com