Associate, Investor Network
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization working with the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackles the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit: www.ceres.org.
Description & Responsibilities
The Associate, Investor Network position plays a key support role for Ceres’ Investor Network on Climate Risk and Sustainability and Ceres’ Food and Capital Markets Team. We are looking for candidates with strong organizational skills and some understanding of responsible investment and the larger investment community. The Ceres Investor Network is looking for someone to support the monitoring and evaluation of investor progress on deforestation-related risks. This full-time position is based in Boston, MA, and reports to a Manager on the Investor Network. Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- As directed by the Manager, Investor Network, engage with investors on their work to address deforestation-related risks in their portfolios.
- Maintain and regularly update all datasets and Salesforce tracking systems to ensure contacts, meetings, deliverables, and other important information is tracked and available.
- Monitor investor progress on deforestation through measurement and evaluation systems.
- Research and conduct analyses of investor decision-making, and activity related to environmental, social, and governance (ESG) matters.
- Support relationship management with investors in tracking member engagement, participation, and activities in Salesforce.
- Using Partner Engagement Management System (PEMS), coordinate outreach to members by other Ceres’ staff members, including sign-on letters.
- Manage, review, and update content and promote investor activity on the Investor Portal
- Assist in report preparation for internal and external audiences.
- With the Manager, Investor Engagement, coordinate planning of conference sessions and presentations.
- Participate in Food and Forests and Investor team meetings, quarterly and annual program reviews, and annual planning meetings.
- Provide administrative and programmatic support for the Investor Initiative for Sustainable Forests collaboration
- Associate or Bachelor degree preferred, or 4 years of experience where organization, writing, and research skills were developed.
- Two-three years work experience, preferably direct experience working on sustainability-related issues.
- An understanding of financial markets and investment firms, financial institutions, or institutional investors.
- Strong writing and research skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, strong initiative and motivation.
- Successful record of organizing multiple projects and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Desire to work in a not-for-profit, advocacy-focused organization.
- Willingness to travel as needed to accomplish duties noted above.
- Proficient with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and e-mail computer applications.
- Interest and willingness to be trained on specific applications necessary for work: ReadyTalk, Salesforce, listserv program, etc.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, two writing samples, and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.