Naturalists at Large provides quality environmental and outdoor education programs to independent and public schools at geographically diverse sites throughout California.
We are always looking for qualified outdoor teachers and educators to join our team. We specialize in introducing schools to the outdoors on a variety of outdoor learning sites or lodge-based trips in our state and national parks.
- At a minimum, our instructors have a four-year college degree, or the equivalent, in the sciences, recreation, education or a related field.
- Naturalists at Large is interested in enthusiastic, self-motivated men and women who demonstrate a good rapport with both young children and teens. Because we work all over the state of California, in different ecosystems and habitats, you should be a person who learns quickly and who has an inquisitive nature. Outdoor skills with practical experience in rock climbing, canoeing, backpacking, snorkeling and other outdoor activities are highly desirable as is a general knowledge about the human and natural history of the western United States.
- You should have strong group-building and communication skills.
- You must be safety-oriented and certified in Wilderness First Aid and CPR. Proven decision-making skills and the ability to work effectively and constructively in team situations are also required. Previous experience in outdoor or environmental education is a plus.
- Naturalists at Large is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person based upon that person’s age, race, sex, color, religion, or political beliefs.
If this sounds like a job for you, please see the Employee Application, or Contact Us directly.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com