You will serve as a Biological Science Technician (Wildlife) at the Starkville, Mississippi Field Station of the National Wildlife Research Center. This position deals primarily with research on the abundance and impacts of fish-eating birds and also feral swine, including disease transfer, to protect agriculture, aquaculture facilities, natural resources and public health.
Learn more about this agency
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Assists research biologists in conducting studies designed to reduce bird damage to agricultural crops and commercial aquaculture.
- Assists research biologists in conducting studies designed to reduce feral swine damage to agricultural crops, natural resources and reducing disease threats.
- Collects and organizes a variety of administrative and technical data useful to wildlife biologists in preparing annual reports and work plans.
- Performs descriptive and basic statistical analyses of data sets.
- Collaborates with station biologists in preparing charts, graphs, and summary tables for reports and publications.
- Traps, transports, and cares for birds and feral pigs as needed for laboratory and field studies.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com