This position is responsible for supporting the business development staff in environmental and permitting related tasks to support the exploration, construction, development and operation of Ormat’s renewable energy and energy storage projects.
- Review projects to be developed in order to determine environmental issues, permit requirements, and government required environmental reviews needed for permits.
- Assist in the preparation of permit applications, submittal, and associated communications to obtain final permits and approvals for project development.
- Assist in the environmental compliance filing for projects under development and/or operation.
- Participate in meetings with city, county, state and/or federal regulators to define regulatory requirements and schedules.
- Manage projects by monitoring budget, schedule, tasks, and deliverables.
- Administer US Business Development databases in SharePoint.
- Assist in regular reporting on main projects and tasks.
- Develop project schedules, descriptions, maps, diagrams, reports, studies, and other documents.
- The willingness to travel up to 30% nationally.
- The ability to travel for long distances by car and air.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle in a safe manner.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by management.
- Assist in due diligence of new sites.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with government agencies and project proponents.
- Manage consultants working on projects.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- A Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, engineering, business administration or related field.
- Experience in environmental planning and analysis, environmental permit acquisition, technical writing, state and federal regulatory compliance, and project coordination.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent people skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- The ability to quickly learn new technical and commercial material.
- The ability to write technical and commercial documents.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to use and acquire knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation. Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and use of the Internet.
- Proficiency in MS Project and ArcGIS is strongly desired.
- Must possess at any time a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to ORMAT’s auto insurance carrier.