The Director of TrailNation™ Projects is a new position that will support the Vice President of Trail Development in managing RTC’s Trail Development Team and implementing RTC’s growing TrailNation project portfolio. TrailNation is RTC’s innovative program to catalyze the rapid development of regional trail and active transportation networks, from concept to implementation, across eight cities and regions. We take a systematic approach, applying RTC’s depth of expertise and collaborative strategies to reflect local realities and new opportunities.
This is an excellent opportunity for a strategic, creative and results-oriented professional with exceptional skill at managing and supervising internal teams, trail/active-transportation planning and project implementation to join a successful organization in a leadership position.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Codifying and standardizing RTC’s evolving methods and approaches to its TrailNation projects
- Developing training modules that can be delivered in person and remotely
- Extracting TrailNation lessons learned into resources and materials that can be applied to and shared with other internal and external projects
- Developing and tracking metrics to evaluate project success
- Development Department to support the creation of successful fundraising proposals to support TrailNation projects
- Communications Department to increase project visibility and utilize communication channels to advance TrailNation project goals
- Policy Department to activate advocacy channels and increase public funding available for the buildout of TrailNation projects
- Operations Department to develop and manage complex TrailNation project budgets
- Collaborate with and supervise staff in implementing and project-managing their respective TrailNation projects, e.g. reviewing and providing detailed feedback on work products; identifying and managing strategic partnerships and opportunities.
- Oversee and monitor staff’s project workplans and budgets, which are often dynamic and changing
- Mentor staff in meeting their workplan goals and career development
- Conduct performance reviews and provide feedback for staff
The following qualifications are preferred but not required:
Normal office setting with low-to-moderate noise level. Travel required, including some evenings and weekends.
RTC reserves the right to revise, change or reclassify this job description at any time in accordance with RTC’s business needs. This job description is by no means an implied contract.
Please use one form of transmitting your résumé. No phone calls please, unless contacted for an in-person interview. Recruiters, please do not contact our offices.
Mail, fax or email cover letter, résumé and three professional references to:
Human Resources Manager
The Duke Ellington Building
2121 Ward Court, NW, 5th Floor
Washington, D.C. 20037
Commitment to Diversity
RTC is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or national origin. Women and diverse applicants are encouraged to apply. EOE
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com