About the Position: Incumbent will serve as a Data Management and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Specialist.
Learn more about this agency
- Performs data entry, data creation, data organization, data management, and geoprocessing to enter map and tabular data into the GIS and/or other database formats as appropriate.
- Researches sources within and outside the federal government to find needed data for specific projects.
- Customizes new datasets to meet requirements where data does not exist.
- Performs multi-layer map creation and editing, generates map and report products, and reviews map data for technical adequacy submitted by contractors or project customers.
- Creates, edits, and maintains simple spatial and tabular, geo-referenced, and/or relational databases.
- Assists with developing and maintaining custom applications and interfaces, often connecting to outside data sources to allow users to capture and use data that will be required on a recurring basis.
- Develops and evaluates digital data and mapping (raster and vector) products in the areas of spatial analysis.
- Produces computerized geo-referenced maps for individual projects using GIS and other software.
- Compiles, edits, analyzes and interprets data for inclusion into project files and publications.
- Attends professional meetings, seminars, workshops, and training courses to maintain state-of-the-art advances and applications in GIS and data management.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 10% for this position.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com