Are you a college graduate that not quite ready to spend the rest of your life behind a desk? Do you have experience in the construction industry? Terracon is growing and hiring interns at our Phoenix, AZ office location. This role will start with training on field techniques, and will probably be 25% in the office and 75% in the field for the 12 week materials, geotechnical, facilities or environmental internship period.
Our Phoenix office works on exciting projects including bridges and highways, airports, paving, and concrete design. This position is for an entry-level internship and will be responsible for planning, and coordinating construction materials specific project work. Field testing, reporting and sampling for projects varying in size and complexity. The successful candidate will be motivated to learn all phases of construction materials testing, geotechnical soils reports, facilities or environmental operations including, but not limited to, field methods and laboratory methods, preparing technical documents and reports.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
• Performs sampling or testing as directed.
• Provides assistance to other field and/or laboratory personnel
• Transports equipment, specimens or documents to field personnel, laboratory, clients or other offices, and provides physical assistance in equipment set-up.
• Cleans equipment, vehicles and work areas
• Assists other technicians or professional staff on routine tasks
• Will be placed in a progressively increased role of training and responsibility in work assignments.
•High school diploma and BS degree in progress in a science or related field (environmental, safety, engineering or geology). The ideal candidate will have approx. one to two years’ remaining to complete their BS degree.
•Must have a valid driver’s license
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com