Open & closing dates: 03/14/2019 to 03/20/2019. This job will close when we have received 50 applications which may be sooner than the closing date. Learn more
This is a temporary appointment not to exceed 12 months that may be extended for 12 additional months without further competition.
What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
GS-5: $40,315 (Step 01) to $52,411 (Step 10)
GS-6: $44,937( Step 01) to $58,413 (Step 10); ; NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
As a Biological Science Technician (Wildlife) for the Western Ecological Research Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Coordinates routine logistical support activities and providing area orientation for contract and cooperating scientists and technicians.
- Runs computer programs to enter, verify, manage and manipulate data and data files in automated databases and/or geographic information systems.
- Performs routine data analyses and prepares data summaries.
- Processes and evaluates the quality and validity of field and laboratory data. Assists in identifying erroneous data.
- Assists in conducting field studies and surveys to collect wildlife data and/or specimens to support scientific studies.
- Collects, records, summarizes, organizes and/or files data using a variety of standardized methods and techniques.
- Participates in field studies for the capture, measuring, and marking of wetland-dependent wildlife, and quantifying their habitats for study.
50% or less - Travel away from home may be required up to 2-15 nights per month.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com